Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation form (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made
to match your natural teeth.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants,including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel leke your own teeth, because they are designed to fuse with bone.They become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures,the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants fuse with bone like your own teeth,allowing you to eat your
favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile, and feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered
to support the implant more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Implants also allow easier access between
teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With gook care implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconveniene of removing your
dentures, as well need for messy adhesives to keep your dentures in place.